GreenXT is seeking Software Engineers to support their Navy customer.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an equivalent technical field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in software development within the .NET framework
- Three years of experience with developing web applications, technical software
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL programming and solid database design and management skills
- Documentation, data administration, and programming is necessary
- Cyber certification is required for this position
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes may be required. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Implement all aspects of application design for scalable high-performance applications including server-side coding, client-side UI design and scripting, security, state management, logging, debugging, development environment configuration, and testing
- Update system to ASP.NET CORE technology and DON standards/Style Guide
- Refactor code and database objects to improve efficiency and maintainability
- Consolidate/normalize all databases and tables
- Eliminate code redundancies, fix existing bugs, and enhance user interface
- Position will involve support for and design upgrades to multiple web-based applications hosted by NSWCPD
Ability to Work Remotely: Positions are not available for full-time remote work. Work can be either full-time onsite at the Philadelphia Navy Yard or a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid). Persons accepting hybrid positions typically support onsite work 2 to 3 days/week. In addition, persons accepting hybrid positions must agree to being onsite on-demand to support any ad-hoc customer needs.
Work Schedules: GreenXT supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance