Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
GreenXT is seeking Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSE) to carry out all cyber hygiene tasks involved in the planning and implementation of cybersecurity measures within Land-Based Test Facilities (LBTF) and onboard Navy vessels in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) package creation/submittal/validation in accordance with NIST 800-53
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability and scanning devices
- Experience using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced technical staff members and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- 1+ years of related experience in data security administration
- Required Certifications:
- Active CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of Operating System hardening and remediation in accordance with the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Information Assurance/Information Security experience with National Security Systems (NSS) to include: U.S. Navy shipboard and land-based Combat Systems; Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems; or Industrial Control Systems (ICS) in a U.S. Navy environment
- Ability to evaluate Risk and Threat Analysis of vulnerabilities and exploits as they apply to U.S. Navy shipboard and land-based Combat Systems; Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems; or Industrial Control Systems in a U.S. Navy environment
- Knowledge of DoDI 8500.2 Information Assurance Control implementation and validation from a systems engineering perspective, as applied to National Security Systems (NSS)
- Experience with use of SCCVI (Retina), SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), and the DISA STIG Viewer
- Experience with UNIX and Linux variants
- Knowledge of Microsoft Networking in the context of system hardening
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows OS registry
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Competitive Pay
- 11 Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance