GreenXT is seeking Software Engineers at the Junior, Mid, and Senior levels (1-10+ years of experience) to support their Navy customer in the areas of Cybersecure Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) Control Systems and Networks.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Provide software design & development lifecycle (design, code, test, modeling and simulation, test automation, data analytics, object-oriented design) for HM&E control systems
- Provide design, development, unit testing, and maintenance support for computer-based/IT systems
- Develop, modify, and maintain software and computer code
- Identify and document software and system related issues and bugs
- Provide software configuration management and version control support in support of new software builds and releases using tools like Git and SVN
- Resolve software problems through debugging, research, and investigation
- Develop and/or maintain software databased utilizing various database management tools such as Microsoft Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Visual Studio, etc.
- Prepare, maintain, or review new and/or existing software requirements and design documentation
- Participate in peer reviews and/or code reviews
- Provide distance customer support as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) will be required
- Experience with the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, and/or Java
- Experience the troubleshooting and integration of hardware/software and network-based systems
- Experience with issue management tools, such as Jira
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Proven understanding of object orientated programming methodologies, software design, and development processes
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Basic technical writing ability
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces (if needed), with the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but nothing greater than 30 lbs.
- Limited travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
Desired, but not required:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Prior industrial shipyard and shipboard experience
- Knowledge of Profibus and Modbus
- Knowledge of model-based software development tools (MATLAB, LabVIEW)
Ability to Work Remotely: Positions are not available for full-time remote work. Work can be either full-time onsite at the Philadelphia Navy Yard or a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid). Persons accepting hybrid positions typically support onsite work 2 to 3 days/week. In addition, persons accepting hybrid positions must agree to being onsite on-demand to support any ad-hoc customer needs.
Work Schedules: GreenXT supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance