Senior Software Engineer
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Green Expert Technology Inc. (GreenXT) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support new contracts with the U.S. Navy.
Green Expert Technology Inc. (GreenXT) provides technical and project management consulting to corporations and government agencies. We employ engineers, programmers, analysts, and certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) who deliver technical leadership to our clients in all project phases.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) will be required
- 10 years software engineering and management of software development projects
- Navy procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process)
- Knowledge in software metrics and automated regression testing and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) techniques with emphasis on life cycle maintenance
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- DAWIA Level III certification in either Engineering; Test and Evaluation; or Production, Quality, and Manufacturing or industry equivalent training/experience
- Shipboard integration and testing of embedded software.
- Experience with software metrics and automated regression testing and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) experience
- Team Leader/Supervisory experience
- Shipboard networking experience
- Experience with the AN/USQ-82(V) systems
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance