Location: San Diego
GreenXT is seeking Planners-Estimators to develop cost estimates and work items in support of surface ship alterations, shipboard repair items, and/or Fleet Modernization projects.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Assist Program and Project Managers with Planning and Estimating Surface Alterations, Repair or Fleet Modernization projects.
- Assess ship’s material condition by reviewing ship check data, or conducting a ship check if required, researching Ship Installation Drawings, As-Built drawings, system diagrams; analysis of ship conditions; and determining scope of work required by reviewing and validating Work Notifications (2-Kilos).
- Interpret and use all technical and material information available in Navy, Shipbuilder and Manufacturer drawings, technical manuals, documents, Equipment Manufacture’s data and/or other pertinent commercial data to identify:
- Repair requirements
- Modification requirements
- Price Identification
- Order materials
- Develop work items/specifications in accordance with company and JFMM (Joint Force Maintenance Manual) 4-E requirements using company and NAVSEA instructions and pertinent NAVSEA Standard Items, Class Standard Items, and Local Standard Items.
- Use all ship’s force, Alteration Installation Team (AIT), and shipyard work, including service and repair routines, modernization and preventative maintenance actions, and presenting as work requirement statements at the Ships Work List Item Number (SWLIN) and Line Item level, resulting in the development and issue of availability specific, integrated specification work package.
- Maintain and manage cost estimating guide. Provide detailed cost estimates, to the paragraph and trade level, for developed work specifications and new work written by planners.
- Provide planning and estimating support using cost estimating work sheets. Work sheets, material and subcontractor quotations, and other reference materials will be maintained in a neat and orderly manner by work specification for easy reference and review.
- Provide estimates completed in accordance with advance planning milestones established to allow for orderly reviews, briefings, and preparation of all necessary documents for bid submission.
- Prepare fixed price/CPFF bid estimates by using man-hour labor, by skill/trade area and quotes.
- Work with and in the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and use the available application program to develop work items/specifications and labor, material, and cost estimates in accordance with company and NAVSEA instructions and directives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well independently, prioritize duties, and follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Complete priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, and time sensitive projects.
- Must have a High School Diploma and at least 10 years production planning to include a logistics, purchasing, material management, and production processes.
- Must have experience as a Trade Journeyman or equivalent in a Naval Repair Facility or Commercial Shipyard that specializes in U.S Navy Ship repairs and alterations. (Prefer at least 2 years)
- Must have knowledge of Ship’s Hull, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Systems with a well-rounded overall understanding of ship repair and modernization with respect to trade disciplines required to support work item development. Must have an understanding and familiarity with NAVSEA Standard Items, GSO, NSTM and Blueprints is required.
- Experience with developing production planning documents and estimates for work executed at U.S. Navy surface ship maintenance and modernization facilities a plus.
- Experience as a planner, estimator or shipbuilding specialist (SBS) at Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair (SUPSHIP) commands, Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs), Navy Central Planning Activities, Planning for Engineering and Repair Activities at public or private shipyards or other ship repair companies.
- Experience in and the ability to work in a Microsoft Office and NMD intensive environment and also be well-organized, detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Confidential security clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) to gain access to Government information and work sites.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance