Junior Computer Engineer
GreenXT is seeking Junior Level Computer Engineers to support their Navy customer in the areas of Cybersecure Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) Control Systems and Networks.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electronics Engineering (Computer Science degree is not applicable for this position)
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- Up to 25% travel may be required for this position
- 0-3 years of professional experience within industry as a computer engineer
- 0-2 years of professional experience integrating computer hardware/software systems
- 0-2 years of professional experience in computer system design
- 0-1 year of professional experience troubleshooting network-based systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Support/conduct pre-testing, installation, System Operation Verification Testing (SOVT), and Installation Check-Out (INCO) on DDG IBS/IBNS, Voyage Management Systems (VMS), and Steering and Propulsion Control Systems (SPCS)
- Load VMS and SPCS application software and ensure it is operating correctly
- Inspect/verify equipment installation, operations, and conduct testing of system upgrades/revisions
- Support troubleshooting and repair of Windows-based computer hardware/software and physical media (fiber optic, shielded/unshielded twisted pair, and COAX); re-imaging hard drives; and installing software and configure network connectivity
- Provide waterfront liaison support by providing status of alterations, non-permanent changes, repairs, operation, maintenance, and testing of specific systems/equipment; and providing immediate feedback on shipboard issues and concerns
- Review and use of Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), Liaison Action Requests (LARs), Test Procedures, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Document System Problem Identification Reports (SPIRs) in JIRA/confluence and assist in tracking to completion
- Coordinate and support progress meetings for projects and repairs
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance