Engineering Technician IBNS
Location: San Diego
GreenXT is seeking former Navy Electronics Technicians or Information Systems Technicians (rank of E5 or above) to serve as Engineering Technicians and provide shipboard and Land-Based Test Facility (LBTF) support for the Integrated Bridge and Navigation System (IBNS) on the Arleigh Burke-class of guided missile destroyers (DDG 51).
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Witness/support/conduct pre-testing, installation, System Operation Verification Testing (SOVT), and Installation Check-Out (INCO) on DDG IBS/IBNS, Voyage Management Systems (VMS), and Steering and Propulsion Control Systems (SPCS)
- Ensure application software is operating correctly
- Inspect/verify equipment installation, operations, and conduct testing of system upgrades/revisions
- Support troubleshooting and repair of Windows-based computer hardware/software and physical media (fiber optic, shielded/unshielded twisted pair, and COAX); re-imaging hard drives; and installing software and configure network connectivity
- Provide testing of specific systems/equipment; and providing immediate feedback based on shipboard issues and concerns
- Review and use of Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), Liaison Action Requests (LARs), Test Procedures, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Coordinate and support progress meetings for projects and repairs
- Prior Navy service as Electronics Technicians or Information Systems Technicians with rank of E5 or above preferred; prefer graduate of military or trade school
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- Preferred Naval experience includes experience in operations / maintenance / troubleshooting / testing of shipboard electronics or IT systems, and in particular IBS/IBNS/VMS/SPCS
- Seven (7) years of professional experience as an Electronics Technician, which includes:
- Five (5) years of professional experience troubleshooting and tracing signals using electrical schematics and a digital multimeter to diagnose or isolate cause for electrical failures, then generating write ups that detail testing performed, troubleshooting steps, and findings;
- Two (2) years of professional experience within industry or the military acting as a lead electronics technician;
- Two (2) years of professional experience with personal computer file and directory structures as well as manipulating computer peripheral settings for use in desired applications
- Knowledge of military specifications and Navy technical documentation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- 50% travel (3 weeks at a time)
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance