GreenXT is seeking Electrical Engineers at the Junior, Mid, and Senior levels (1-10+ years of experience) to support their Navy customer in the areas of Cybersecure Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) Control Systems and Networks.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Provide engineering and lifecycle support for computer-based hardware and software systems
- Perform engineering tasks concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment, and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific use
- Provide installation testing and troubleshooting support for computer-based/IT systems in a shipboard or Land-Based Test Site environment
- Develop and review technical documentation that includes, but is not limited to, requirements documents, design documents, test procedures, test plans, installation procedures, engineering analysis, and standard operating procedures
- Analyze customer requirements and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problem
- Provide design support and recommendations for the integration of equipment
- Interpret associated electrical schematics and drawings for implementation, review and/or redlines
- Provide situational or status reports on findings, actions taken, and technical recommendations
- Provide distance and on-site customer support as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent technical field
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) will be required
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software and network-based systems
- Ability to read electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and drawings
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures with computer-based systems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces (if needed), with the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but nothing greater than 30 lbs.
- Travel up to 25% may be required within and outside of the continental United States
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
Desired, but not required:
- Knowledge of US Navy Ship Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Java or C++ programming
- Atlassian tools suite – Jira/ Wiki/ confluence
- Microsoft Project
- Prior industrial shipyard and shipboard experience
- A combination of software and hardware installation experience
Ability to Work Remotely: Positions are not available for full-time remote work. Work can be either full-time onsite at the Philadelphia Navy Yard or a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid). Persons accepting hybrid positions typically support onsite work 2 to 3 days/week. In addition, persons accepting hybrid positions must agree to being onsite on-demand to support any ad-hoc customer needs.
Work Schedules: GreenXT supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance