Deputy Systems Engineer
GreenXT is seeking a Deputy Systems Engineer to support their Navy customer in the areas of Cybersecure Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) Control Systems and Networks.
GreenXT is comprised of technical and business leaders. We hire intelligent, hardworking, and dedicated people who not only possess the desire to learn and improve their skills but want to contribute to the design and development of innovative solutions that address the Navy’s greatest technological challenges. We hired each of our employees because we believe they are exceptional, have the ability to excel at their job, and will contribute positively to GreenXT.
GreenXT’s business office strives to be the most efficient and effective business office supporting our customers. Our personnel aspire to become leaders through organized, rigorous, and diligent efforts. GreenXT employees are always looking to help one another succeed. We look out for each other and cross-train so that the product we deliver is one that we’re confident in and proud of. We strongly believe in growth and providing our workforce with career development opportunities to help everyone achieve their goals.
We take pride in our support of the United States Navy. We never forget that the work we do is ultimately in support of America’s warfighter and serving those who serve. The idea that our hard work can help make their jobs easier, assist them to defend our nation, and can help ensure they return home safely to their loved ones motivates us every day, and we hope that you join us on that mission!
- Act as the Deputy Systems Engineer for our Integrated Bridge and Navigation System (IBNS) program
- Support the requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation of systems/processes in accordance with the Systems Engineering Process (SEP)
- Ensure all team members are adhering to the SEP while carrying out project tasks
- Review and approve of System Development Plans and Configuration Management Plans for the program on an annual basis
- Schedule and facilitate Peer Reviews for SEP documentation and test results
- Schedule and conduct delivery audits and quarterly audits with SEP Quality Assurance (QA) auditors
- Track milestones for system delivery preparation
- Maintain and update SEP documentation like the System Development Plan, Project System Development Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Test Plan, Training Plan, System Safety Plan, etc.
- Conduct occasional SEP training with team members and communicate process changes as necessary
- Utilize Jira for issue and project tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science OR High School diploma and 5 years of supporting project management role OR High School diploma and graduate of Naval engineering training school with 5 years of experience in managing Hull, Mechanical & Electrical systems
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- Experience with the systems engineering process and software development life cycle
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Experience with MS Teams collaboration and communication tools
- Familiarity with Atlassian software suite, especially Jira
- Proven ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Proficient technical writing ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must be a capable of working within a team or individually
Ability to Work Remotely: Positions are not available for full-time remote work. Work can be either full-time onsite at the Philadelphia Navy Yard or a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid). Persons accepting hybrid positions typically support onsite work 2 to 3 days/week. In addition, persons accepting hybrid positions must agree to being onsite on-demand to support any ad-hoc customer needs.
Work Schedules: GreenXT supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance