The Contract Specialist is responsible for performing professional work involving the procurement of supplies and services using procedures outlined in the Federal Acquisitions Regulations, Public Laws, and Agency policy.
Green Expert Technology Inc. (GreenXT) provides technical and project management consulting to corporations and government agencies. We employ engineers, programmers, analysts, and certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) who deliver technical leadership to our clients in all project phases.
- Assists with the development, revision, and tracking of acquisition documentation including Procurement Requests (PR), Requests for Procurement (RFP), Purchase Orders (PO), and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Assists with the development, revision, execution, tracking and reporting of procurement and financial execution documentation including Requests for Contractual Procurement (RCP/RX), Project Orders, Basic Ordering Agreements (BOA), Interdepartmental Purchasing Requests (IPR), Requests for Information (RFI), and Task Assignment Records (TAR).
- Selects the appropriate method of procurement i.e. simplified acquisition procedures, sealed bidding, negotiations.
- Responsible for advertising all applicable requirements and preparing the solicitation document using agency contract writing systems for issuance, insuring regulatory and legal sufficiency, and promoting maximum competition.
- Resolves problems of delivery, production, quality, differing site conditions, inspection, and other pertinent matters
- Ensures specifications and statements of work are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the Government’s requirements without restricting competition
- Advises technical personnel as to inadequate, ambiguous, or vague specifications to avoid liability
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a managerial or technical discipline from an accredited university
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance)
- Five (5) years of experience with DoD contracts, acquisition planning, and financial support.
- Experience with the DoD Standard Procurement System (SPS).
- Effective communication skills with the ability to inform, influence, negotiate and problem solve.
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance